Friday, March 20, 2009

Sour Patch Kids

So I went to talk with Kate's cousin Konrad the other day about woodworking, and making stuff, and how this kind of business can make sense in the end, and a bunch of other things.

Konrad makes planes!

Now when Kate told me about her cousin at first I thought he made airplanes, but in fact he makes the kind of handplanes that make woodworkers like me drool.
You can see his work on his website:




Konrad is a master craftsman, there's no other way to describe what he does. I got the tour of his workshop and even got to use some of his planes, which, to be honest, was a little bit intimidating. They were simply amazing tools, it was just incredible to see how fine the shavings were that they could produce.

The only bad thing is that I have to go back to using my own planes now...once you've had steak...

MB

No comments: